There is one quality which one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants, and a burning desire to possess it.Napoleon Hill
In Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill spells out the exact formula for getting anything you want in life.
And it all starts with building up an intense, burning desire to achieve your goal.
Not just a wanting or wishing…
…but a fiery obsession to achieve your desire.
These are the six steps you need to follow to build up this burning desire within you…
- Fix the exact amount of money you want in your mind.
- Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money.
- Establish a fixed date for when it will be yours.
- Create a plan and start to act on it immediately (regardless of whether you are ready or not!)
- Write a concise statement of the exact amount, the time limit for it, what you intend to give in exchange, and your plan for accomplishing it.
- Read your written statement twice per day (morning and evening) and when you do, you have to see and feel yourself being in possession of the money already.
And of course this isn’t just for money.
It works for anything you want in life.
Success is inevitable once you complete steps 1-5 and then read your statement every day.
- Your conscious mind becomes focused on your goal to the point of obsession.
- Your subconscious mind – supercharged by your growing desire – begins to offer up new ideas and solutions to help you reach your goal.
- Failures become learning experiences that propel you forward and energize you, instead of holding you back and demoralizing you.
- Even if your plan was vague to start, it’ll rapidly become crystal clear as you keep moving forward and your creative imagination grows stronger.
- You quickly build up a momentum that makes you completely unstoppable.
The only way you can fail is if you pick a goal that doesn’t actually inspire you to action long enough to build up that momentum… that burning desire. (But in that case you can just use the 6 steps to find your true desire.)
Heck… even if you have trouble with steps 2 and 4, those things will become clear down the road if you just start with what you have and begin building up your desire.
Your imagination and your intuition will shock you with all the ideas and plans that pop up in your mind once you’ve got that fire of desire burning in your belly.